About the Department
We aim to provide our students a perfect blend of intellectual and practical exposure that helps them to serve our society and address a variety of needs of the society. Our curriculum is designed to cover the requirements of a wide range of industries from Aerospace, Manufacturing, Defense, Space, Construction process, Nano Engineering, Energy, Environment, Transportation and Nuclear Engineering etc. by using State-of-the art software packages like Pro-E, Solid Works, ANSYS, CATIA, MASTER CAM, CADEM and other simulation softwares.On completion of the degree, our students are prepared for entry-level work as a Mechanical Engineer in Industry as well as for higher education where a fundamental Engineering background constitutes a desirable foundation.
Academic course work and project works offered at the end of the course are designed to endow students with the ability to apply knowledge of Science, Mathematics, and Engineering, and the capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, providing leadership and to utilize technical expertise.With a solid fundamental in the principles and practice of Mechanical Engineering, our students are also trained in ethical approaches towards Engineering, with a concern for society and the environment. Department aptly makes use of the technical facility of the workshop in teaching and in setting up of in-house experimental set-ups.Workshops and conferences cater to the needs of intra and inter departments of the College in terms of enhancing the career. Our students are well placed in leading industries as well as in the higher research level institutions of international recognition.
To enable the students excel in a high-value career, higher education and research, in the field of Mechanical Engineering through innovative teaching and learning methodologies, to meet the needs of the industry and to be a part of the advancing technological revolution.
- Imparting quality education to the students to meet the global challenges in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- Enriching their knowledge by providing Research and Development opportunities.
- Inculcating self-confidence for being a successful Entrepreneur.
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- M.E, Mechatronics
- Ph.D Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Engineering Metallurgy Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory-I
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory-II
- Dynamics of Machinery Laboratory
- CAD / CAM Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
- Engineering Practices Laboratory
- Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will be able to comprehend Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals; laboratory and work- based experiences to formulate and solve problems in the domain and shall develop proficiency in the computer-based engineering and the use of computational tools.
- PEO2: Graduates will be equipped to communicate and engage in team-based work on multidisciplinary engineering projects and will practice the ethics of their profession.
- PEO3: Graduates will recognize the importance of self-learning and engage in continuous independent learning to become experts either as entrepreneurs or employees in the field.
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO 1: Identify analyse and impart complex engineering problems in Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering domains.
- PSO 2: Enabling the student to take-up career in core industries so as to develop products using CAD/CAM tools.
Dr. C. Krishnaraj
Professor and Head
Has 15 years of teaching, 5 years of Research experience with 39 International Journal publications and 2 Awards to his credit
|1.||Dr. Krishnaraj. C.||Professor & Head|
|11||Mr. P.Sundaram||Associate Professor|
|12||Mr. Arun Shankar. V. V.||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr.R.Arul Murugan||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mr. Manikandan. D.||Assistant Professor|
|23||Mr.M.Pandi Elavarasan||Assistant Professor|
|25||Mr.Ilyas Hussain||Assistant Professor|
|27||Mr.A.U.Mohamed Anwar||Assistant Professor|
|35||Mr. E. Vignesh||Assistant Professor|
|36||Mr. M. Murugesan||Assistant Professor|