About the Department
The Department has good infrastructure and it is well equipped with state- of- the art laboratory facilities necessary for imparting high quality education and is structured to meet our present day needs of the Civil Engineering field. Students from our department have always proved to be meritorious.The department has well experienced and qualified faculty members who are regularly presenting papers in and national and international conferences and publishing their technical papers in reputed journals.
The department is supported by teaching staff of varied experience and specialization.Our Faculties are life members of various professional bodies such as ‘Indian Concrete Institute’ (ICI), The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE), Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), The Institution of Valuers (IOV), International Society for Research and Development (ISRD), International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Indian Academicians and Researchers Association (IARA) etc.,. The department functions with the dual inputs of industry and reputed academic bodies in the state.
The department actively promotes curriculum development activity by updating existing courses, developing new courses and preparing resource material for teaching.The department is also very active in conducting conferences, workshops, seminars, short term training programmes and visits to industries, construction sites and environmental field. Visits are arranged regularly to impart technical education to the students more effectively. Wi-Fi enabled internet facilities are available in the department. Students are motivated to do mini projects to improve their practical knowledge. Students are encouraged to undergo internship under fast track scheme to improve their placement prospects. Soft skill training programmes offered by Karpagam College of Engineering, placement cell and various companies are arranged to enhance their communication and general aptitude skills.
A department higher education cell is effectively functioning to identify the students who are seeking PG admissions and provide proper guidance to crack GATE and TANCET examinations.
To inculcate value based and socially committed knowledge in all sub areas of Civil Engineering on par with global standards, to make our students excel in academics, research and character to suit the needs of the construction industries and to engineer sustainable infrastructure for the future
- Imparting updated technical knowledge.
- Providing strong theoretical foundation with extensive practical training.
- Enabling the students to become professionally and morally sound engineers.
- Develop the technologies needed to safeguard, improve, and economise infrastructure and society
B.E. Civil Engineering
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Construction Materials Laboratory
- Concrete and Highway Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Survey Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting Laboratory
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will be able to synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work- based experiences to formulate and to solve problems proficiently in Civil Engineering and related domains.
- PEO2: Graduates will be prepared to communicate effectively and work in multidisciplinary engineering projects following the ethics in their profession.
- PEO3: Graduates will recognize the importance of and acquire the skill of independent learning to shine as experts in the field with a sound knowledge.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design / Development of Solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern Tool Usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The Engineer and Society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and Sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and Team Work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project Management and Finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-Long Learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Field applications oriented practical knowledge in Civil Engineering such as Planning, Analysis, Designing, Estimation and Execution by applying current concepts of mathematics and physical sciences.
- PSO2: An ability to succeed competitive examinations which offers challenging and rewarding career and to become an efficient Design engineer, Structural consultant, Project engineer or Construction manager with the help of management skills and leadership characteristics.
Dr. A. GOPALAN
Professor & Head
33 Years of experience in teaching and industry with 20 national and international publications to his credit
|1.||Dr. Gopalan. A.||Professor & Head|
|2.||Mr. Mohanraj. N.||Assistant Professor|
|3.||Mr. Prasannan. D.||Assistant Professor|
|4.||Mr. Manoj Subburam. R||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Mr. Deepak. M.||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Ms. Dhivya. K.||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Ms. Arundhavapriya. E.||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Mr. Sakthivel. E.||Assistant Professor|
|9.||Mr. Agalshri. S. K.||Assistant Professor|
|10.||Ms. Sukanya. M.||Assistant Professor|
|11.||Ms. Sibiya. S.||Assistant Professor|
|12.||Ms. Mohanapriya. V.||Assistant Professor|
|13.||Ms. Preethi. P.||Assistant Professor|
|14.||Mr. Jegan Murugan. P||Assistant Professor|