The Department has well established laboratories with engineering software like ETAP, PSCAD, MATLAB, Scilab, Multisim, edraw etc. M/s. National Instruments, Bangalore sponsored LabVIEW Academy, a centre of excellence in Virtual Instrumentation with an investment of Rs 25 lakhs. The LabVIEW academy possesses latest software and hardware for Research and Development. The department also has PLC programming laboratory certified by B&R Industrial Automation, Pune, which enhances the knowledge in industrial automation systems. The department has qualified and dedicated supporting faculty members for our laboratories.The professionals from EEE department are employed in core companies such as Tessolve, B & R Automation, Soliton Technologies, Procyon, Legato Embedded system, Robert Bosch, Pricol, Fanuc, Electrosolve and Larsen and Toubro (L & T) etc.
The graduates from the department have become successful Software developers in leading companies like Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant Technology Solutions, HCL Technologies, TCS, IGate, Odessa Technologies, ZOHO, Global edge, Hexaware, Accenture, HP etc. and also in many start-up companies. Many of our graduates pursue higher education in foreign universities. Some of our graduates are also working in Public sector units such as NLC, TNEB, TANGEDCO and many State and Central government organizations. The department has established the Centre for Research Training and Development in the academic year 2014 – 2015, for catering the needs of Students, Faculty members and Research Scholars through value added programmes like workshops, seminars and conferences.
To provide students with sound knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, that they become capable of facing the current and impending challenges to extend their expertise in the global arena.
- Impart high quality education and training to the students in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Transforming our students into enterprising technologists by giving them excellent facilities by qualified, committed members. of faculty.
- Motivating them to contribute immensely for the benefit of the entire humanity
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ph.D Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Machines Laboratory-I
- Electrical Machines Laboratory-II
- Measurements & Instrumentation Laboratory
- Linear Integrated circuits Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Electrical circuits Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory
- LabVIEW Academy
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work-based experiences to formulate and solve problems in Electrical and Electronics engineering and the related domains and will develop proficiency in Computer-based engineering and the use of computational tools.
- PEO2: Graduates will communicate and work team-based on the multidisciplinary engineering projects in the allied fields of Electrical Science and will practice the ethics of their profession.
- PEO3: Graduates will realize the importance of self-learning and engage in lifelong learning to become experts either as an entrepreneur or an employee so as to broaden their knowledge in the domain.
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO 1: Apply the knowledge in the field of electrical and electronics engineering to analyse, design and develop solutions for real world problems.
- PSO 2: Demonstrate the skill in core and allied domain to work in interdisciplinary teams.
Dr. V. Tamilselvan
Professor and Head
Has 18 years experience with 1 national and 20 international publications, 2 Books Published to his credit.
|S. No||Name||Date of Joining||Designation||Qualification|
|1.||Dr. Vijayakumar. P.||05.12.2014||Principal||M.E, Ph.D|
|2.||Mr. Balasubramanian. R. S.||01.11.2002||Professor||M.E|
|3.||Dr. Tamilselvan V||03.06.2019||Professor & Head||M.E, Ph.D|
|4.||Dr. Siva Subramanian. S||04.06.2018||Professor||M.Tech., Ph.D|
|5.||Dr. Jayanthi R||04.10.2021||Professor||M.E, Ph.D|
|6.||Dr. Vimalraj. S||07.2.2022||Professor||M.E, Ph.D|
|7.||Dr. Vanitha V||30.03.2022||Professor||M.E, Ph.D|
|8.||Dr. Govindakumar E||08.06.2011||Associate Professor||M.E, Ph.D|
|9.||Dr. Stanly Paul.A||01.09.2017||Associate Professor||M.E., Ph.D|
|10.||Dr. Sundar. R.||20.09.2009||Associate Professor||M.E., Ph.D|
|11.||Dr. Sundar Ganesh C S||12.06.2019||Assistant Professor||M.E., Ph.D|
|12.||Dr. Sivaramakrishnan. M.||27.07.2017||Assistant Professor||M.E., Ph.D|
|13.||Ms. Rani Reegana Sulthana. A.||05.05.2014||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|14.||Ms. Sukanya. K.||07.05.2014||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|15.||Mr. Nagarajan. A.||10.06.2015||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|16.||Mr. Sajeesh. S||30.05.2016||Assistant Professor||AMIE, M.Tech|
|17.||Ms. Ramya P||06.10.2015||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|18.||Mrs. Smrithi Radha Krishnan||02.5.2016||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|19.||Mr. Jeevananthan. P||09.07.2016||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|20.||Mr. Govindaraj. V||21.06.2017||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|21.||Mr. Jegadeesh Kumar R||01.08.2018||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|22.||Ms. Swathy. S||02.06.2018||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|23.||Mr. Gajendran. P.||03.06.2019||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|24.||Mr. Ashok B||20.12.2021||Assistant Professor||ME|
|25.||Mr. Gowtham R||24.02.2020||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|26.||Ms. Ramadevi S||10.08.2020||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|27.||Ms. Pavithra D||24.08.2020||Assistant Professor||M.E|