To enhance the quality improvements in the academic process and also as a pre-accreditation exercise Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed in the college in October 2015. The objective of the cell is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution at all levels with the involvement of all stakeholders.
The college has been now accreditated by NAAC with ‘A’ grade with the highest CGPA amongst all the colleges for which results were declared by NAAC in their 11th standing committee meeting held on 19th January 2016.
Functions of the IQAC
- To develop quality parameters for the activities of the Institution
- To create a student-centric teaching environment conducive to imparting quality education.
- To solicit, format and implement feedback/ suggestions from stake holders on quality related affairs.
- To create quality consciousness among the stake holders especially students and both teaching and non-teaching faculty.
- To document the steps taken and process implemented, leading to quality enhancement.
- To act as a nodal agency to coordinate quality related activities in the campus.
- To maintain institutional data base through MIS and with ICT enabled.
- To prepare annual quality assurance report (AQAR) for NAAC to be submitted at the end of each academic year.
Strategies of IQAC
- To ensure quality of academic programs.
- To integrate modern methods of teaching and learning and monitor its effect on the student’s performance.
- To instil confidence and credibility of evaluation procedure among stakeholders.
Chairperson and Head of the Institution – Dr.P.Vijayakumar, Principal
Representing Management – Shri.K.Murugaiah, Chief Executive Officer
Eminent person from local Society – Dr.S.Sudalaimuthu,
Vice Chancellor / Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore
Nominee from Industries – Mr. B. Shanmuga Sundaram,
Director, M/s.STEPS Knowledge Services Pvt. Ltd, Coimbatore
Nominee from Employer – Mr. S.Karthik,
Head R&D and Product Innovation Ampere Vehicle Pvt.Ltd, Sulur, Coimbatore – 641 402
Nominee from Alumni – Mr. S. Chandra Mohan,
Associate Project Manager Robert Bosch Engineering & Business Solutions Ltd, Coimbatore.
Nominee from Stakeholders (Parent) – Mr. R. Sankar,
Chief Manager, LIC of India, Coimbatore-2.
Senior administrative officer – Dr. S. Manoharan,
Controller of Examination
Administrative officers – Dr. P. Karthigaikumar,
Administrative officers – Prof. T. K. Sethuramalingam,
Associate Professor Deputy Controller of Examination
Members of Faculty – Dr. M.R. Vanithamani,
Director, Management Studies
Member of Faculty – Dr. C. Krishnaraj,
Head, Dept of Mech Engg
Member of Faculty – Dr. J. Ganesh Murali,
Head, Dept of Automobile Engg
Member of Faculty – Dr. S.Krishnaprakash,
Member of Faculty – Mr. M. Sivaramkrishnan,
Asst. Prof, Dept of EEE
Nominee from Student – M. Dinesh Banu, III BE (Mech)
Director – IQAC – Prof. P. Sundaram,
Secretary – IQAC – Dr. S. Siva Subramanian,
Dept. of EEE.
- Events Organised
- Action Taken Report
- Feedback From Stakeholders