About the Department
The Department imparts value addition to the students by providing weekend courses on fundamentals and also by aiding students with industry sponsored programs offered through the coordinated efforts of the faculty and industry partners from IBM, Infosys, RedHat Academy, ICT Academy and Oracle Workforce Development Programme (WDP).
Department of Computer Science and Engineering has signed MOU with IBM, Oracle, Global Edge, Microsoft India Ltd, Red Hat Academy and Infosys to help the students in training and to instill them with skilled resources based on leading software technologies.
Periodic faculty Enablement Programmes are offered to our faculty members by technical experts from Infosys and ICT Academy. The department has 9 laboratories with 567 computers.
To create computer professionals with a strong academic and technical background to achieve special distinction at the national and international arena and also to serve and lead the society.
- Providing excellent learning opportunities for students in Computer Science and Engineering to meet the needs of Nation as a whole
- Establishing centers of research in areas of the immediate needs to the society
- Develop ICT based solutions for the development of the nation
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- Allen Turing Lab
- Donald Knuth Lab
- Edger F.Codd Lab
- Oracle WDP Lab
- Emc² Lab
- Dennis Ritchie Lab
- IBM COE Lab
- Tim Berners Lee Lab
- Charles Babbage Lab
- Gary Kildall Operating Systems lab
- Centre of Excellence in Algorithms lab
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will be able to comprehend mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work-based experiences to formulate and solve problems in Computer Science and Engineering and other related domains and will develop proficiency in computer based engineering and the use of computation tools.
- PEO2: Graduates will be prepared to communicate and work effectively on the multidisciplinary engineering projects practicing the ethics of their profession with a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO3: Graduates will recognize the importance of lifelong learning to become experts either as entrepreneurs or employees and to widen their knowledge in their domain
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Analyze, design, implement, test and evaluate computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, networking, web design, cloud computing, IoT and data analytics of varying complexity.
- PSO2: Develop innovative ideas to provide solutions for complex problems and apply advanced knowledge of computer science domain to identify research challenges in Computer Science and Engineering.
Dr. T. RAVICHANDRAN
Professor and Head
Dr. T Ravichandran is with specialization in Computer Science and Engineering & has a rich experience of about 27 years in Teaching and Research. He has published 268 research papers in various International Journal and Conferences and also filed 4 patents. Under his guidance 32 Research scholars completed their Research work,His areas of interest include Computer Network, Data structures, Image Processing, etc., He Received funding from the University Grants Commission under the scheme of support for Modrobs and Research Grant .
|Dr. Ravichandran T
|Professor / Head
|Dr. Sangeetha S
|MCA, M.E, Ph.D
|Dr. Zulaikha Beevi S
|Dr. Prabakar D
|Dr. Arul Antran Vijay. S.
|Dr. Madhumitha R
|Dr. Arun Kumar P.M.
|Dr. Kala R
|Dr. Malini G
|Dr. Vignesh V
|Ms. A. Vinitha A
|Ms. Sakthi Priya K
|Ms. Udaya Nirmala Mary. R.
|Ms. Subhashree. K.
|Ms. Kiruba J
|Ms. Nandhini R
|Ms. Aswathy Devaraj P.V
|Ms. Kalamani P
|Ms. Nalini R
|Ms. Kanimozhi M
|Dr. Karthik kumar P
|Ms. Dhivya P
|Mr. Logeshwaran Manoharan
|Ms. Uma V
|Mr. Narayanan EP
|Ms. Abinaya V
|Mr. Mahesh D
|Ms. Parameswari VS
|Mr. Rajeshkumar R
|Ms. Krishnaveni N