As engineers aspiring to become entrepreneurs, it is obvious to see the rise in demand for MBA courses. However, the truth is for a PG degree, it is best to get extra add-ons like entrance exams if you are really likely to enroll in the best MBA colleges in coimbatore under TANCET. Also, there are other entrance exams if you are likely to study MBA abroad. For the students who want to utilize the MBA courses in a better way, start with the entrance exams, score good marks, and choose which college they prefer to study further. This article explains what are the course requirements and eligibility criteria to enroll in MBA colleges with a good score in TANCET.
What do you need to know about TANCET?
Tamil Nadu Normal Entry Test (TANCET) is conducted for the students who are willing to apply for their PG degree and the test is directed to seats offered in the best colleges for mba in Tamilnadu based on their remarks.
This is a state-level program for the PG programs like MTech/MArch/MPlan/ME, MBA, and MCA programs, administered by Anna University.
So, more than 200 colleges in Tamil Nadu accept students who score well through TANCET and easily get admission to their desired colleges.
You can also try the offline TANCET which is a 100-objective type that needs to be answered in two hours. So, this entrance exam gives hope for students who want to pursue MBA and the survey says, that 15000 seats are offered to students who have good scores in their TANCET entrance exams each year.
A candidate is eligible to take the exam if they have a bachelor’s degree and an overall grade point average of at least 50% (45% for reserved categories).
Applicants are qualified if they have finished schooling or any of the followings:
- 10 + 2 + 3 / 4 / 5 years pattern
- 10 + 3 years diploma
- 10 + 2 + B.E. B.Arch. / B.Pharm.
- 10 plus a State Board of Technical Education-issued three-year diploma
Karpagam college of engineering is one of the best placement engineering colleges in coimbatore who is likely to provide priority to the add-ons like TANCET for students who are already good at their academics in bachelor’s degree.
Basic Syllabus the Exams Covers:
Students need to identify, apply their logic skills to the provided data to make business decisions or any scenarios. So, it’s all about the skill students can answer such queries.
Students with good mathematical skills, numerical abilities, data sufficiency, good grammar, and accentuation in English can easily crack this exam.
Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data.
- Verbal and reading comprehension
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Sentence corrections
- Word substitution
- HCF and LCM
- Percentages and Ratios
- Simple and compound interest
- Time Distance and speed
- Profit and loss
- Linear equations
- Permutation and combination
- Quadratic equations
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Number systems
- Arithmetic and algebra
- Pie chart, bar chart, line graphs, bar graphs, tables.
It doesn’t have a predefined syllabus so; students should prepare to attend based on logic as they ask questions that cover the business scenarios to analyze and decide.
Follow the exams rules:
- Try not to go for last-moment arrangements: This present circumstance/discussion might prompt negative considerations connected with what will occur if something ill-equipped is inquired. This will at last prompt terrible execution in the test. Thus, neither talk about how much is covered nor begin concentrating on any new subjects.
- No Unfair Practices: Candidates will be disqualified if they are found to be engaging in any negative or unfair practices, such as cheating, assisting others, or copying content from chits or other sources.
- No Electronics: Candidates are not permitted to bring any electronic devices with them to the TANCET or any other entrance exam. Therefore, candidates should keep in mind that they should not carry any mobile phones, pagers, electronic calculators, or digital watches during exams as part of the safety measures.
- Research: There are a few things you need to prepare beforehand, such as taking admission to any top engineering college in Coimbatore, visiting the campus or getting guidance from the alumni to get clarity and understanding of your chosen college. Second, it is best to explore the placement records of the college, if you decide.
These three are strictly followed and advised students to take care of. Once you complete your exams, the announcement of the results can be found on the TANCET website. Students who will score more than the cut-off will be expected to apply for the guidance and need to pay INR 300. The students will be then sent the call letter referencing the date and spot of TANCET 2023 directing. They need to carry their unique archives to the guiding system. If you qualify, join in the guiding system according to the timetable given. For the verification process, carry all necessary certificates and documents to enroll in the best placement MBA colleges in coimbatore.