About the Department
The department is actively functioning in SAE and associated activities. A team of students in the name of Griffin Riderz regularly participating in the SAE SUPRA formula race event conducted in various parts of the country with the self designed formula 1 race car constructed by the team members. Apart from this other SAE activities like guest lecture, aero modeling, best manager and industrial visits to core Automobile industries are also regularly conducted in the department. In addition to it , the department itself arranged many industrial visits to the students to get in touch with latest trends in the industry.
- KCE SAE Collegiate Club
- Mini Bike & Go-Kart Club
- Eco Care Clubare functioning under the department.
The department has a separate library with a collection of SAE magazines and books. An annual MINI CAR CONTEST organized by the department served as a great forum to exhibit the talents of the all Engineering students. The annual Mini Bike Design and Racing Contest RIDE would be serving the students to direct their attention in the right direction to manufacture their own mini bikes and race it in the event. The Automobile Engineering Association is actively conducting workshops on key automotive areas like automotive applications of MEMS, Electric and Hybrid Vehicle, Engine Management System, Spark Ignition Engine. The department maintains a close relationship with number of Automobile industries through research and consultancy projects.
The Department of Automobile Engineering strives to be recognized for its outstanding education and research initiatives, creating well-qualified engineers with an aspiration to pursue their career in research and entrepreneurship and contribute to the holistic development of the society.
- Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them evolve into globally competitive Automobile Engineers of excellent character and personality.
- Maintaining the state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities to provide the students and faculty the best opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- Developing relationship with world class Research & Development institutions and industries for achieving excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
B.E. Automobile Engineering
- Fuels and Lubricants Laboratory
- Automotive Electrical and Electronics Laboratory
- Two and Three Wheeler Laboratory
- Automotive Chassis Components Laboratory
- Engine Components Laboratory
- Vehicle Maintenance Laboratory
- Fabrication Laboratory
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will be able to synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work-based experiences to formulate and solve problems in the domain of Automobile Engineering and shall acquire proficiency in Computer-based engineering and the use of computational tools.
- PEO2: Graduates will be prepared to communicate and work team-based on the multidisciplinary engineering projects and will practice the ethics of their profession.
- PEO3: Graduates will recognize the importance of self learning and develop the skills for the continuous independent learning to become expert employees or entrepreneurs and thereby broadening their professional knowledge.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: To relate basic science and essentials of engineering knowledge to visualize, design, model and create automotive systems / processes.
- PSO 2: To lead professionally in an industrial environment by applying managerial and technical skills related to Research and development, production and service activities.
Dr. J. Ganesh Murali
Professor & Head
22 Years of experience in teaching and industry with 25 international and national publication to his credit.
|1.||Dr. Ganeshmurali. J.||Professor & Head|
|2.||Dr. Kandavel. S.||Associate Professor|
|3.||Mr. Lakshmana Kumar. P.||Associate Professor|
|4.||Mr. Anbu. G.||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Mr. Kondusamy. V.||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Mr. Prakash. S.||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Mr. Rahul. V. V.||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Mr. Aravinth. K.||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Mr. Veeramanikandan. K.||Assistant Professor|