National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) unit was inaugurated in the College on 16th January 2004. Dr. R. K.Manoharan, Former NSS Coordinator, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore inaugurated the unit. Mr. P. Lakshmana Kumar, Associate Professor in the Automobile Engineering Department is the Programme Officer.
Myleripalayam, a nearby village was adopted by the unit for serving to the society. Totally 4 Special camps had been conducted in the village. After that, Thoppampalayam village was adopted to conduct the Special camp and 3 special camps were conducted in the village. From 2013 onwards, Samathuvapuram near Chettipalayam has been adopted for conducting special camp. From 2017 onwards, Peedampalli village near Sulur was selected for organizing Special camp.
Our NSS team mainly focuses on the welfare of tribal people at Nilgiris. Many activities are carried out every month for them.
- Won Second prize in the poster presentation in the Two days State Level Confederacy organized by Anna University, Chennai on 08.02.2018 and 09.02.2018.
- R.Deepak, IV year Civil was nominated for International Youth Exchange Programme held at China by the Government of India during 2017-18.
- A MoU was signed between NSS unit and Edudharma for funding various activities through NSS.
- S.T.Nivetha, ECE received “Best NSS Volunteer Award” by the NSS Cell, Anna University, Chennai for the Academic year 2017-18.
- R.Deepak, Civil received “Best NSS Volunteer Award” by the NSS Cell, Anna University, Chennai for the Academic year 2017-18.
- A MoU was signed between NSS unit and Nizhal Mayyam for funding various activities through NSS.
- Youth Parliament: 104 volunteers participated and our college has won “Best group” and Ms.J.Bindhu, III year EEE had won “Best Speaker Award” along with a cash prize of Rs.2,000 and Mr.S.Pallavaraj , III year EEE had won “Best Speaker Award” along with a “Sony” headset.
- Election Duty: 11 Volunteers participated in the election duty during 2015-16.
- Swaach Bharat Mission: A team of 51 volunteers organized Swaach Bharat Mission Programme and Soft Skills training programme for School children at Kundah Kothagiri, The Nilgiris.
- Traffic Regulation Work, Ooty: A team of 10 boys volunteers are involved in Traffic regulation work at Ooty on all Saturdays and Sundays w.e.f 26.11.2016.
- Soft Skills Training Programme for tribal children: A team of 4 girls are involved in Soft Skills Training Programme for Panchayat Union Public School at Yellanalli, Ooty on all alternate Saturdays w.e.f 26.01.2017.
- Set up of a Library for tribal children: A library with 500 books was inaugurated for the benefit of tribal children at Kundah Kothagiri, The Nilgiris.
- One day Workshop: First Aid Training and Demonstration.
A team of 45 NSS volunteers organized Special Camp at Peedampalli village near Sulur during 15.09.2017 to 25.09.2017. They carried out the following activities.
- Cleaning of water tanks.
- Cleaning of Temple premises.
- 50 Tree saplings were planted at in and around the village in association with Nizhal Maiyam, NGO, Coimbatore.
- Free Medical Camp for school children in association with Karpagam Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Awareness Rally on “Dengue and its prevention” by volunteers.
- Awareness programme on Tree Plantation by Mr.Murugan, Nizhal Maiyam, NGO, Coimbatore. .
- Awareness programme on Communication Skills for the NSS volunteers was organized.
A team of 45 NSS volunteers organized Special Camp at Peedampalli village near Sulur during 25.02.2019 to 03.03.2019. They carried out the following activities.
- Cleaning of water tanks.
- Cleaning of Temple premises.
- White washing of School buildings of Primary School.
- 15 Tree saplings were planted at in and around the village in association with Nizhal Maiyam, NGO, Coimbatore.
- Awareness Rally on “Road Safety” by volunteers.
- Awareness programme on Tree Plantation by Mr.Murugan, Nizhal Maiyam, NGO, Coimbatore.
List Of Activities Done From June 2015 To March 2019:
|S.No.||Date & Venue||Name of the Activity||Organized by||Remarks|
|1.||20.06.2015, 21.06.2015 College premises||International Yoga Day Celebrations||Mr. C. Aravindan, Mrs. A. Sujatha, Yoga Trainers||106 volunteers participated|
|2.||20.07.2015, College premises||Gender Sensitization||Dr. Suganthi Ramalingam,
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research,
|82 girls volunteers participated|
|3.||06.08.2015, College premises||Women Health Welfare||Dr.Swathanthiri Devi, Professor, Department of Gynecology Karpagam Hospital, Coimbatore||64 girls volunteers participated|
|4.||15.08.2015||Visit to the Orphanage “United Home for the Disabled, Kurumbapalayam”||NSS Volunteers||56 Volunteers visited and donated provisions|
|5.||13.10.2015, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore||Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam Birthday Celebrations||Five I year volunteers||Essay and Elocution competition was organized|
|6.||11.12.2015||Donation of relief materials||Two boys volunteers||Relief materials were collected for donation at flood affected areas of Cuddalore. 27 boxes containing relief materials were donated to the public at Cuddalore|
|7.||13.12.2015||Visit to the Orphanage “United Home for the Disabled, Kurumbapalayam”||NSS Volunteers||63 Volunteers visited and donated provisions|
|8.||12.01.2016, Kumaraguru College of Technology||Youth Parliament||Youth Parliament, KCT||104 volunteers participated and our college has won “Best group” and Ms.J.Bindhu, III year EEE had won “Best Speaker Award” along with a cash prize of Rs.2,000 and Mr.S.Pallavaraj , III year EEE had won “Best Speaker Award” along with a “Sony” headset.|
|9.||22.01.2016, College premises||National Girl Child Day Celebrations||Dr.Swathanthiri Devi, Professor, Department of Gynecology Karpagam Hospital, Coimbatore||Essay and Elocution competition was organized|
|10.||04.03.2016 to 06.03.2016 at Senkundhar Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode Dt.||3 days Leadership Training and Skill Development Programme||Mr. M. Soundharrajan, III year EIE and Ms. S.T.Nivetha, II year ECE||3 days Leadership Training and Skill Development Programme was organized|
|11.||15.03.2016 to 21.03.2016 at Davanagere University, Davangere||7 days National Integration Camp||Ms. S.T.Nivetha, II year ECE||Organized by Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs, Government of India. 5 boys and 5 girls were selected all over Tamilnadu state and Ms.S.T.Nivetha was one among them|
|12.||14.05.2016 to 16.05.2016||Election Duty||NSS Volunteers||11 boys volunteers participated in the Election duty at Sulur|
|13.||21.06.2016, Campus premises||International Yoga Day Celebrations||Dr. S. Shiv Kumar,
Art of Living International Foundation,
|50 boys and girls volunteers participated|
|14.||30.07.2016, Kundha Kothagiri, Nilgiris||Swaach Bharat Mission||Volunteers||A team of 51 volunteers organized Swaach Bharat Mission Programme and Soft Skills training programme for School children|
|15.||30.07.2016, Annamalai, The Nilgiris||Swaach Bharat Mission||Volunteers||A team of 51 volunteers organized Swaach Bharat Mission Programme at Annamalai Murugan Temple|
|Awareness Programme on Food and Nutrition||Dr. N. PREMA,
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research,
|185 participants attended the programme|
|17.||13.08.2016 and 14.08.2016||Soft Skills Training Camp for students at PUP School at Denadu and Avalanche, Nilgiris||NSS Volunteers||A team of 8 volunteers were invloved in the acitivity|
|18.||21.09.2016||Awareness Programme on Life Insurance||Mr. R. Sankar, Chief Manager, Life Insurance Corporation of India, Pollachi||I year volunteers 50 participated|
|19.||24.09.2016||Best NSS Volunteer Award for the year 2015-16||Ms.S.T.Nivetha||NSS Cell, Anna University, Chennai|
|20.||26.11.2016, 27.11.2016 Ooty||Traffic Regulation Work, Ooty||NSS Boys volunteers||A team of 10 boys volunteers are involved in Traffic regulation work at Ooty on all Saturdays and Sundays w.e.f 26.11.2016.|
|21.||26.01.2017, Yellanalli, Ooty||Soft Skills Training Programme||NSS girls volunteers||A team of 4 girls are involved in Soft Skills Training Programme for Panchayat Union Public School at Yellanalli, Ooty on all alternate Saturdays w.e.f 26.01.2017|
|22.||21.02.2017, VOC Park, Coimbatore||Interanational Tamil Day Rally||Tamil Sangam, Coimbatore||15 volunteers participated in the rally from Women’s Polytechinc to VOC Park|
|23.||26.03.2017, Avalanche, Ooty||Set up a Library for Tribal students||In association with Thoorigai Charitable Trust, Coimbatore||A Library with 1,000 books was set up by the NSS unit for tribal students at Avalanche, Ooty|
|24.||14.06.2017, KCE campus||Blood Donation and its Awareness||Medical team, Karpagam hospital||To celebrate World Blood Donors Day. 150 students participated.|
|25.||21.06.2017, KCE campus||International Yoga Day Celebrations||NSS volunteers||Yoga and Meditation practice was done by Sandhiya, IV year NSS Volunteer.|
|26.||02.07.2017, Perur||Cleaning of Noyyal River||NSS volunteers||In association with Kovai Kulangal Paadhugaappu Amaippu|
|27.||07.07.2017, Coimbatore||Awareness Programme on Nalamdhaanaa||Kikani Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore||12 volunteers participated|
|28.||13.07.2017, KCE campus||Awareness Programme on Udalin Mozhi||Mr. W. Durairaj, Social Service Activist||Lecture on Healthy Food for Organ Clock was delivered|
|29.||15.07.2017, Ooty||Traffic Regulation Work||NSS Volunteers||3 NSS volunteers involved in the Traffic reguulation work along with Traffic wing at Ooty|
|30.||20.07.2017, KCE Campus||Awareness Programme on Save our water bodies||Mr. N.Prathap, PRO, Kovai Kulangal Paadhugaapu Amaippu||Lecture on how to save our water bodies was delivered.84 volunteers participated.|
|31.||05.08.2017, Kundah Kothagiri||Inauguration of a Public Library||NSS Volunteers||A library with 500 books was inaugurated for the benefit of tribal children at Kundah Kothagiri, The Nilgiris.|
|32.||06.09.2017, KCE Campus||Awareness Prorgamme on Crowd Funding||Mr. Shyam, Edudharma, Coimbatore||Lecture on the benefits of crowd funding was delivered. 71 volunteers.|
|33.||15.09.2017 – 21.09.2017||Special Camp at Peedampalli||NSS Volunteers||45 volunteers participated.|
|34.||09.09.2017, Bharathiyar University||A Seminar on Save our Motherland||Anti Corruption Movement, Coimbatore district unit||9 NSS volunteers participated|
|35.||23.09.2017, Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||Thadai Athai Udai 2017 (Forum for UPSC Aspirants||Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||5 NSS volunteers participated|
|36.||06.10.2017, Anna University Regional Centre, Coimbatore||Tree Plantation Programme||NSS Programme Co Ordinator, Anna University Regional Centre, Coimbatore||10 NSS volunteers participated|
|37.||23.12.2017, Kolakombai, The Nilgiris||Donation of Water bottles, Sweaters, Stationery items for tribal children at Pambalakombai village, near Coonoor, The Nilgiris||NSS volunteers||25 NSS volunteers participated.|
|38.||06.01.2018, Porulur, Dharapuram||Swachh Bharat Abhiyan||In Association with Thoorigai Charitable Trust||5 NSS volunteers participated in White washing of School building, Cleaning of school premises were done|
|Pongal Celebrations||NSS Volunteers||12 NSS volunteers celebrated Pongal festival with Government Primary School at Yellanalli, The Nilgiris|
|40.||13.01.2018, Coonoor||Traffic regulation work at Coonnoor||NSS Volunteers||Traffic reguulation work was done along with Traffic wing at Coonoor. 8 volunteers participated.|
|41.||06.02.2018||Awareness Program on Environmental Pollution and its prevention||Mr.P. Murugan, President, Nizhal Maiyam, Coimbatore||34 volunteers participated.|
|42.||08.02.2018 and 09.02.2018, Anna University, Chennai||Two days State Level Confederacy||Anna University Chennai||7 NSS Volunteers participated|
|43.||20.02.2018||Visit to Orphanage “Families for Children”, Pothanur||NSS volunteers||42 volunteers participated.|
|44.||28.02.2018||Workshop on First Aid Training and Demonstration||Mr.K.Krishnamurthy, Honorary Secretary, St.John’s Ambulance, Tirupur||20 volunteers participated.|
|45.||23.03.2018||Awareness Program on Road Safety||Thiru.K.V.Vinayagamoorthy, Raod Safety Training Officer, Coimbatore||18 volunteers participated.|
|46.||14.07.2018||A Human Chain on Importance of Trees and Helmet Wearing.||In Association with Nizhal Maiyam, Coimabtore.||52 NSS volunteers participated and formed a chain from Goundampalayam to GN Mills at Coimbatore.|
|47.||19.07.2018||An awareness Program on Health Psychology and Kinesiology.||In association with Karpagam Hospitla, Coimbatore.||10 NSS volunteers participated.|
|48.||04.08.2018, Coonoor||Traffic regulation work at Coonoor||NSS Volunteers||Traffic regulation work was done along with Traffic wing at Coonoor. 2 volunteers participated.|
|49.||07.09.2018||Passport Camp||In association with NSS unit, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education||100 students applied for Passport.|
|50.||26.09.2018||An Awareness Program on “World Food Day”||Ms.K.B.Vaishnavee Balaji, Founder, Food Bank, Coimbatore||29 volunteers participated.|
|51.||13.12.2018||An awareness Program on “Health Education about Pulmonary Tuberclosis and Extra Pulmonary Tuberclosis”||In association with TB Unit, Karpagam Medical College Hospital, Coimbatore||93 volunteers participated|
|52.||12.02.2019||Visit to the Orphanage “Families for Children”||NSS volunteers||35 volunteers donated items worth Rs.1,500 to the orphan children.|
|53.||22.02.2019 and 23.02.2019||RISE Event||NSS Volunteers||At NGP Institute of Technology. 50 volunteers participated.|
|54.||25.03.2019||Survey Camp at Thegani||NSS Volunteers||11 volunteers participated.|
KCE relies on a team of incredible volunteers for continued success in everything we do…
Volunteering gets added to your co-curricular record. There are so many reasons why volunteering is a great idea. Here are a few:
- Make new friends
- Develop analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Build your resume and increase job opportunities
- Discover skills you never knew you had
- Gain more confidence
- Discover something you are passionate about
- Improve your experience on campus