About the Department
Apart from four years B.E course, the Department also offers two full time M.E courses (VLSI Design and Communication Systems) and Anna University approved Ph.D Research Centre to expand the scope of research focus of the department Students pursuing B.E in ECE have a full and flexible undergraduate curriculum.Numerous streams can be tailored to fit every individual’s interests, skills and career goals.ECE has gained a reputation for producing top-notch engineers for industry and academia.Postgraduate study in ECE prepares students for leadership roles in research, development and design positions that require skill and imaginative engineering solutions.
The major areas of faculty expertise of the department include Biomedical Signal Processing, Communication Systems, Computer networks, Control Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Image Processing, Instrumentation, RF and Microwaves, Microstrip Antennas, Optoelectronic and Optical Communication, VLSI Design, Wireless Communication, Embedded Systems and MEMS.
The Department has Centers of Excellence in the field of VLSI Design, Embedded Systems, Communication and Networks and Signal Processing.The Department has signed MoUs with leading industries and organizations for establishing collaborative research, conducting Workshops, Seminars and for organizing International Conferences.Professional associations such as ECE association and IEEE student chapter are developed for professional interaction.
To provide innovative teaching and learning methodologies for excelling in a high-value career, higher education and research to the students in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering to meet the needs of the industry and to be a part of the advancing technological revolution.
- To create engineers of high quality on par with international standards by providing excellent infrastructure and well qualified faculty.
- To enhance the collaborative and multidisciplinary activities to develop human and intellectual qualities.
- To provide technical expertise to carry out research and development.
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. VLSI Design
- M.E. Communication Systems
- Ph.D Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory – I
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory – II
- Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Communication Laboratory
- Optical/Microwave Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Embedded/Project Laboratory
- Networks laboratory
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will be able to comprehend Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work based experience to formulate and solve problems related to the domain and shall develop proficiency in computer based engineering and the use of computational tools.
- PEO2: Graduates will be prepared to communicate and work teambased on the multidisciplinary projects practicing the ethics of their profession with a great sense of social responsibility.
- PEO3: Graduates will recognize the importance of lifelong learning to shine as experts either as entrepreneurs or as employees and thereby broadening their professional knowledge.
PO1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Good knowledge and hands-on competence to solve emerging real-world problems related to Electronic Devices and Circuits, Communication Systems, Digital Systems, and Electro-magnetics.
- PSO2: Demonstrate proficiency in specialized software packages and computer programming useful for the analysis/design of electronic engineering systems and profession.
Dr. P. Karthigaikumar
Professor & Head / Dean – Academic
Dr. P. Karthigaikumar is having rich experience of about 15 years in both teaching and academic administration. He has published 72 research papers in various International Journal and Conferences and also filed two patents. His areas of interest include VLSI Design, Control Systems etc., He was awarded ‘Best Faculty Award’ and ‘K.S. Krishnan Memorial Award’ from IETE in the year 2010.
|1.||Dr. Karthigaikumar. P.||Professor & Head / Dean – Academic|
|2.||Dr. Rajendran. A||Professor|
|3.||Dr. Nagaraj. B.||Professor|
|4.||Dr. Vimalathithan. R.||Professor|
|5.||Dr. Arvind. C.||Associate Professor|
|6.||Dr. Priya. C.||Associate Professor|
|7.||Dr. Eben Sophia. P.||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Dr. Saminathan.V||Associate Professor|
|9.||Dr. Deepa. S.||Associate Professor|
|10.||Dr. Mohanbabu. A||Assistant Professor|
|11.||Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan. K.||Associate Professor|
|12.||Mr. Sethu Ramlingam. T. K.||Associate Professor|
|13.||Mr. Rajarathinam. G.||Associate Professor|
|14.||Mr. Arun Francis. G.||Assistant Professor|
|15.||Mr. Premananthan. G.||Assistant Professor|
|16.||Ms. Mithya. V.||Assistant Professor|
|17.||Mr. Selvakumar. R.||Assistant Professor|
|18.||Ms. Deepika. R.||Assistant Professor|
|19.||Ms. Suguna. R.||Assistant Professor|
|20.||Ms. Saranya. L.||Assistant Professor|
|21.||Mr. Ebin Ephrem Elavathingal||Assistant Professor|
|22.||Mr. Arunkumar. R.||Assistant Professor|
|23.||Mr. Mukuntharaj. C.||Assistant Professor|
|24.||Ms. Adeline Daisy. R.||Assistant Professor|
|25.||Ms. Nisha. M. J.||Assistant Professor|
|26.||Mr. Pradeep Raj. M.S.||Assistant Professor|
|27.||Mr. Naveenraj. M.||Assistant Professor|
|28.||Ms. Malini.S.||Assistant Professor|
|29.||Ms. Kaleeswari. K.||Assistant Professor|
|30.||Ms. Kousalya. K.||Assistant Professor|
|31.||Mr. Jayadevan. N.M.||Assistant Professor|
|32.||Ms. Vasumathi. A.||Assistant Professor|
|33.||Ms. Ragaveni. V.S.S.||Assistant Professor|
|34.||Mr. Ajay. P.||Assistant Professor|
|35.||Mr. Philip. D.||Assistant Professor|
|36.||Mr. Arul Murugan. C.||Assistant Professor|
|37.||Mr. Manojkumar. T.||Assistant Professor|
|38.||Mr. Ram Prasath. S.||Assistant Professor|
|39.||Ms. Haappila. T.||Assistant Professor|
|40.||Ms. Shyamala. S.||Assistant Professor|
|41.||Ms. Anita Antony.||Assistant Professor|